Monday 10 May 2010

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

At the start of the year I had created a ‘preliminary website’, this was a website based on a school. I designed two web pages on iWeb, I designed a home page and a media department page. I was not used to using ‘Apple Mac’ computers as I have been used to using Windows machines, so I was not used to using iWeb which is a software from Apple.

These two pages were full of images and persuasive language techniques to make the reader think that this is a good school for their son.








The colour scheme for my preliminary website was blue, having a colour scheme throughout the website is a useful technique as it looks professional. I chose the colour blue because I thought that if my school were for males then having a blue colour would represent that straight away.

I also feel that the light colored blue is a nice colour as it is not to in your face and keeps it looking professional.

When creating the website I took inspiration from a school called ‘Ravens Wood School’ as you can see in the image below I have a similar layout. I thought that the layout is very useful as it has everything you need to know on the page. The school has used a colour scheme of green, which is useful as the school is a school for boys. The website has also used images of students looking happy, this gives the impression to people that is a fun loving school.







Being a novice at iWeb I did not know how to use hyperlinks, so there is only one hyperlink on the website which links to the media department page and back to the home page. This is why doing a preliminary website was very useful as I had learnt some techniques from iWeb.

I am glad that I used a preliminary website because I had a better understanding using Macs and using iWeb, the errors that I had made on the preliminary website have been showed to me and this is why I feel I have had a better understanding in creating my main website, without the preliminary website I would have struggled.

No comments:

Post a Comment